Alexandra von Thuemmler
|Since 2017||Research Assistant at the Department for British Cultural Studies, Leipzig University|
|2015–2017||Student Assistant at the Department for British Cultural Studies, Leipzig University|
|2014–2017||B.A. in British Literature and British Cultural Studies, Leipzig University|
|2012–2017||Teacher training degree (Erstes Staatsexamen) in English and Biology, Leipzig University|
PhD-Thesis: “Emerald Gore: (Trans-)National Cinema, Trauma, and the Horror Film in Post-Celtic Tiger Ireland.”
- Brexit Britain
- Popular Culture
- Contemporary horror genre (film, TV, literature)
- “Emerald Gore: Reading National Identity in Contemporary Irish Horror Film.” Arbeitskreis Cultural Studies – From Visual to Digital Cultures. 22 June 2019, Großbritannien-Zentrum der HU Berlin, Berlin. Conference Paper.
- “‘Residents Against Evil’: National Fragmentation and Internal Otherness in Contemporary Irish Zombie Film.” 18th International Conference of the Spanish Association of Irish Studies, 29 May 2019, University of the Balearic Islands, Alcúdia. Conference paper.
- “’I wish someone would explain Northern Ireland to me.’ – National Identity in Nick Laird’s Modern Gods (2017).” The European Society for the Study of English, 1 Sep. 2018, Masaryk University, Brno. Conference paper.
- An Introduction to British Cultural Studies (SoSe 2018)
- Introduction to Literary Analysis (WS 2017/18; WS 2018/19)